My Clients Have Diverse Professional Backgrounds:
- Medical professionals
- Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
- Technology professionals
Habits of successful investors
A high income does not guarantee the accumulation of wealth and the achievement of financial independence. One of the wisest statements I ever heard goes: “It’s not what you earn, it’s what you keep that matters.”
- Set clear financial goals for your life. For example, financial independence by age 65.
- Spend less than you earn and invest the rest. Teach yourself to enjoy saving money and accumulating wealth as much or more than spending it.
- Develop the habit of saving 10% – 20% of your income. If this sounds hard, start with 1% and increase that amount each month until you reach 10%
- Practice frugality during your prime earning years. Don’t be wasteful with your hard earned money.
- Study and understand your investments. Don’t fall for get rich quick schemes, they don’t exist.
How to keep more of your money
- Track your expenditures. People who track and write down their expenditures spend on average 50% less than those who spend mindlessly.
- Buy used whenever possible. The best example is to buy a car that is 1-2 years old instead of brand new.
- Delay making big luxury purchases. You may, upon further reflection, decide that you’d rather invest the money and put it to work for you.
Is my information confidential?
Yes. Under no circumstance will I or Assante share any of your personal or financial information with anyone without your prior written consent.
Are you a fiduciary?
Yes, I have a fiduciary duty to always act in the best interest of my clients.
How are you compensated?
There are a number of business structures in the wealth management industry. At this time I do not bill my clients directly for service, instead I collect a trailer fee directly from the fund companies employed. This cost is included in the fund’s Management Expense Ratios (every fund has a management expense ratio). This is fully disclosed to the client at the time of investing.
Who regulates Assante Capital Management Ltd.?
The Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) is our regulator.
What type of authority does Assante have over my accounts?
You maintain control over your investments at all times. You may choose to sign a limited trade authorization form which allows me to act on your instructions delivered via conversation, telephone or email.